Sydney: Sydney Sixers' general manager Stuart Clark will step down from his post at the end of the Twenty20 Big Bash League. Fairfax Media understands the former Australian fast bowler will continue his sports administration elsewhere after the tournament ends in January. Clark quickly developed a reputation for innovation during his tenure as Sixers' boss and the franchise has been the success story of the Australian domestic Twenty20 scene.
The Sixers won the inaugural Big Bash League when they thrashed the Perth Scorchers at the WACA Ground earlier this year and last month they were crowned the best domestic Twenty20 team on the planet when they won the Champions League in South Africa.
"The last two years have been a great experience for me and I thank everyone at Cricket NSW for the opportunity. I never started out believing I would ever be a cricket administrator forever and now look forward to the exciting opportunity of moving into the corporate world," said Clark. "I have no immediate plans once I have finished with Sydney Sixers and will look at every possible avenue that is put in front of me."
Cricket NSW boss David Gilbert said, "The remarkable success of the Sydney Sixers in its short history is testament to Stuart's ability to build a winning team. He has made a smooth transition from player to administrator and is well placed for the next phase of his career. Whilst it is disappointing to lose a person of Stuart's calibre, I understand and respect his decision and wish him the very best for the future." The Sixers will take on arch rivals Sydney Thunder in the season opener Dec 8 at the SCG.