Lahore: The PCB on Thursday declined to react on the decision by banned Pakistani pacer Mohammed Asif to pursue his appeal in the International Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) in Switzerland.
"He is fighting his own case and we have nothing to do with it," a PCB official said when asked about Asif's confirmation about pursuing his case and asking for a date for the appeal hearing.
Asif and team-mates Salman Butt and Mohammed Amir were all banned by the anti-corruption tribunal of the International Cricket Council in early 2011 for their role in the spot fixing scandal that broke out on Pakistan’s tour to England in 2010.
Mohammed Asif has decided to pursue his appeal in the International Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) against the ban imposed on him.
"We have had no contact with Asif or Salman and as far as Amir is concerned, he has been asked to attend counselling sessions with a sports psychologist appointed by the board. He has so far done three to four sessions with the psychologist," the official said.
Asif, who was found guilty of deliberately bowling a no-ball in return for money in the fourth Test against England at Lord's, said he had through his lawyer asked the CAS for a date for the appeal hearing.
"I don't know when the date will come, but we have decided to pursue this appeal which we had filed last year but which was not pursued due to the criminal proceedings against me," Asif told PTI from London.