ibnlive » Cricket

Delhi Daredevils' Ashish Nehra raring to go in IPL 6

Abhishek Nandwani,Cricketnext
Mar 29, 2013 at 06:14pm IST

New Delhi: Delhi Daredevils' pace bowler Ashish Nehra is hopeful that a lack of match practice won't hamper his performance in the upcoming sixth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Nehra said he was fit and raring to go as Delhi begin their IPL 6 campaign against the defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders on Wednesday.

"I am fit and feeling strong. I am looking forward to the big games. These are really important matches and I am looking forward to play a big role for Delhi Daredevils," Nehra told reporters on Friday at a launch event in New Delhi. Custom-built large-sized five-inch cricket bats, each painted in different styles by 15 artists were launched by some of Delhi Daredevils' players today.

Delhi will we be without the services of Kevin Pietersen who is suffering from a knee injury which he sustained during the recently concluded New Zealand tour. Pietersen was instrumental in DD's performance in IPL 5 and helped them finish top of the table in the league stage.

Delhi Daredevils' Ashish Nehra raring to go in IPL 6

Ashish Nehra is hopeful that a lack of match practice won't hamper his performance in IPL 6.

Delhi's team mentor TA Sekar earlier said losing Pietersen was a big blow but pointed out that the squad has exciting resources to be competitive. "It is unfortunate to lose a player of KP's class and it is indeed a big blow. But we believe we have the combination of players to be competitive."

Delhi was also dealt another blow on Thursday when Jesse Ryder, who was all set to join the team in a few days, was brutally beaten up outside a bar in Christchurch. The 28-year-old was in a coma with a fractured skull and internal injuries. He also reportedly suffered a punctured lung.

Latest

More from this section

Bleacher Report