New Delhi: The Juvenile Justice Board on Monday set January 15 as the next date for hearing in the age row of the minor accused in the Delhi gangrape case. Sources said that the court was not satisfied with the documents that had been presented by the school principal of the accused.
The magistrate sought more documents from the principal.
The sixth accused in the case, apparently the one who most cruelly assaulted the Delhi braveheart, has claimed to be a minor. If the controversy over his age is not resolved then he could be directed to undergo a bone ossification test, which can provide the approximate age of the accused. If the board takes the view that the accused is above the age of 18, he could be tried as an adult in the fast-track court.
The sixth accused in the case, apparently the one who most cruelly assaulted the Delhi braveheart, has claimed to be a minor.
Meanwhile at the Saket court Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler, who had on Saturday taken cognisance of the chargesheet against the five accused in the gangrape and murder of a paramedical student in a moving bus in Delhi, ordered an in-camera trial on Monday and the removal of people not connected with the case from the court premises.
All the five accused, who are above the age of 18 years, in the barbarous Delhi gangrape-murder case were produced in the court of the Metropolitan Magistrate in Saket where they were given copies of the chargesheet. The court will hear the case at 2:30 pm on January 10. The case has not yet been transferred to a fast track court.
Delhi elections: BJP alleges AAP workers coming from Pakistan, Bangladesh
Delhi elections: Shazia more beautiful, better suited than Bedi for CM post, says Markandey Katju
INS Sindhuratna tragedy: Commanding Officer found guilty, court martialled