New Delhi: The status report on Delhi gangrape and the 1000-page chargesheet prepared by the Delhi Police will be presented before a High Court bench on Wednesday, a day before it is submitted at the Saket district court which will hear the case. The police has said it will be charging all the accused for gangrape, murder, destruction of evidence and dacoity.
They will go through the entire sequence of events that took place on the night of December 16. It has also been learnt that the chargesheet also mentions that the accused, after raping the braveheart and throwing her off the bus naked, tried to mow her down. She, however, was saved in the nick of time by her friend. On that fateful night, the prime accused Ram Singh and the five others had a party at the former's residence and had then taken the bus out to earn a few extra bucks to buy more alcohol.
The reports say that the accused first passed lewd comments at the girl, which led to an argument. The accused then assaulted the victim and her friend. For evidence, the police will be using all recoveries made so far including mobile phones, ATM cards and jewellery of the victim.
The police have also picked up forensic evidence from the private bus. The medical report says the injuries were grievous enough to cause death. Statements of the victim and her friend will be crucial for the prosecution which will try to wrap the trial within a month. The police will also conduct a bone marrow test on Wednesday to verify the age of the youngest of the accused to see if he is a juvenile or not.
The post-mortem report of the Delhi braveheart is expected to come from the Singapore hospital on Wednesday. That's not all. Five fast-track courts for rape cases will start functioning in Delhi. These courts will be notified as soon as the Delhi High Court re-opens after vacations on Wednesday.
There will be day-to-day hearings of all rape cases, including the gangrape incident, and there will be no adjournments.