New Delhi: The president of a students' union died on Thursday apparently due to food poisoning after she had a cold drink from her college canteen, police said.
Kanika Sharma, 20, a resident of Ghaziabad on the outskirts of Delhi, had a cold drink from the canteen of Vivekananda College where she was studying in BA third year and was heading the students' union.
"Kanika fell ill after drinking a cold drink from the college canteen at around 9 am. She was rushed to ESI Hospital in Jhilmil Colony (east Delhi). But she passed away during treatment," a police official said.
Police have seized the cold drink bottle and taken a sample from it to check for presence of any poisonous substance
Police have seized the cold drink bottle and taken a sample from it to check for presence of any poisonous substance.
The victim was a member of the National Students' Union of India (NSUI), which is affiliated to the Congress.