Chennai: Mumbai Indians batted first in their win over Chennai Super Kings on Saturday, but the Mumbai fans were in for a disappointment when Sachin Tendulkar was trapped lbw on the first ball he faced.
This was Tendulkar's fourth duck in the IPL and second on the first ball. But the telling statistic is that Mumbai have won all four IPL matches when their iconic Indian batsman has fallen without scoring.
Here are the statistical highlights from the match:
A file photo of former Mumbai Indians' skipper Sachin Tendulkar walking back after being dismissed. (PTI)
* Sachin Tendulkar has posted his fourth duck in the IPL, his second first-ball duck. Mumbai Indians have won all four matches when he has registered ducks in the IPL.
* Kieron Pollard's superb unbeaten 57 is his second highest innings in the IPL, next only to the 64 against Rajasthan Royals at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on April 11, 2012. His first half-century against Chennai Super Kings is his third in the IPL.
* Pollard's sixes' tally of 42 in 40 innings is the most by a Mumbai batsman in the IPL. Pollard has got his fifth Man of the Match award in the IPL.
* Ravichandran Ashwin is the second Chennai bowler after Albie Morkel (69 at 27.52 runs) to complete 50 wickets (average 22.91) or more at the IPL.
* Mahendra Singh Dhoni (51 off 26 balls) has posted his tenth fifty in the IPL. He took 24 balls to reach his fifty. His fastest in this competition is a 20-ball fifty against Mumbai Indians at Bangalore on May 23, 2012.
* Mumbai Indians have won seven and lost five out of 12 played against Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. No other team has won seven matches against Chennai.
* Munaf Patel's wicket-aggregate of 73 in 59 matches at an average of 21.54 is bettered only by three bowlers at the IPL - Lasith Malinga (83), Amit Mishra (77) and RP Singh (74).
* Pollard and Harbhajan were associated in a partnership of 65 (unbroken) - Mumbai Indians' highest seventh-wicket stand in the IPL.
(With inputs from PTI)