Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) on Monday announced a Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone providing information on Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal and three of his aides, accused of the 2011 Mumbai triple bombings, an official said.
Police have issued names and photographs of Mohammed Ahmed Mohammed Zarrar Siddhibappa alias Yasin Bhatkal, who is allegedly the conspirator and planter of the Mumbai bombs. He is also accused of planting the four low-intensity bombs in Pune last year.
Photographs of Asadullah Akhtar alias Tabrez, who along with Yasin, is allegedly involved in blasts across the country including Delhi, Bangalore, Ahmedabad and Surat, have also been released.
The other two for finding whom rewards have been announced are Tahaseen Akhtar, a resident of Samastipur in Bihar, who the ATS alleges was among those who planted the bomb in Dadar in Mumbai, and Waqas alias Ahmed.
The ATS has released posters announcing a reward of Rs 10 lakh for providing information on the four, ATS chief Rakesh Maria said.
"This is a measure to solicit assistance from the general public on these men. Their modus operandi is to pretend to be students," Maria said.
Three blasts at close intervals, July 13, 2011, shook the country's diamond and gold hubs - Opera House and Zaveri Bazar - and a busy commercial area of Dadar, killing at least 27 people and leaving around 125 injured.
ATS officials also suspect the involvement of three accused, except Akhtar, in the four co-ordinated low-intensity explosions that struck a busy road in Pune city August 1 last year.
Maria also said that Yasin and Asadulla are also suspected to be involved in bomb blasts that took place over the years in Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad.