New Delhi: A fire broke out in a paper Godown off Chittaranjan Avenue in Central Kolkata on Thursday night. The godown is located on Dongzel lane near central metro station. Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
There was no report of any casualty, the fire brigade sources said.
Locals assisted firemen in moving the people to a safer place. The sources said that inflammable articles in the godown caused the fire to spread.
The godown is located on Dongzel lane near central metro station. Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
Fire Services Minister Javed Khan and city mayor Sovan Chatterjee were headed to the place to oversee fire fighting arrangements.
Khan said he had received a complaint that the studio was illegal.
The mayor said nearby houses have been evacuated and the residents moved to safer places.
With addtional information from PTI