New Delhi: Acer has finally launched its 7-inch budget tablet named "Iconia B1" in India at a price of Rs 7,999. It features a 7-inch capacitive multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. At 7-inch, the tablet weighs 320g.
The Acer Iconia B1 tablet runs Google's Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean), and is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor. The Iconia B1 tablet features 8GB of internal storage, which can expanded upto 32GB via the microSD slot.
It also sports a front facing camera on the top right corner that enables users to seamlessly connect video calls. According to Acer, an improvised design in the form of a triangular corner grip on the lower left side allows for single handed use. A stylish blue streak on the side of the tablet enhances the style quotient of the tablet.
The company claims, "The resolution is at least 60 pr cent better than the peer offerings, hence, enhancing user experience while watching videos, e-reading, web browsing and playing games on the move."
The company unveiled the Acer Iconia B1 tablet at the world's largest consumer technology event - CES 2013 - a few days back.
Acer Iconia B1 tablet: Key Features
- Android Jelly Bean OS
- Mediatek dual-core 1.2GHz processor (MTK 8317T)
- Micro-USB (charging and PC connect) with USB 2.0
- 8GB Internal memory
- 7-inch diagonal WSVGA capacitive multitouch screen with 1,024 x 600 resolution - display
- Bluetooth wireless technology 4.0GPS
- microSD expansion slot with up to 32GB support
- Front-facing 0.3-megapixel webcam