ibnlive » Politics » News

Had information that blasts may take place but didn't know which city would be targeted: Shinde

CNN-IBN
Feb 22, 2013 at 12:08am IST

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Thursday admitted that the government had intelligence information that there could be blasts but it was not clear which city would be targeted. He confirmed that at least 11 people have died in the serial blasts at Dilsukh Nagar area of Hyderabad on Thursday.

"Two blasts have occurred in Hyderabad. At one spot, eight people were killed and in the other explosion three persons died," he said in Delhi.

ALSO SEE 2 blasts rock Hyderabad, 15 dead, 40 injured; NIA, NSG teams rushed

Shinde, however, refused to comment on who could be behind the blasts and said it was too early to speculate. "It was too early to say anything and only an investigation will reveal it," he said.

Shinde also said that according to the information he has received over 50 people have been injured in the incident. He said the two bombs were placed in two bicycles within a radius of 100 to 150 metres in Dilsukh Nagar area. "There were two blasts in Dilsukh Nagar. I have spoken to the Chief Minister and he told me that the bombs were placed in two cycles and in one place eight people were killed and in other place three people were killed. Fifty

people were also injured," he said.

The Union Home Minister said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had been informed about the blasts and teams of National Investigation Agency and NSG's bomb

disposal squad have been rushed to the spot.

(With additional information from PTI)

Latest

More from this section

PREVIOUS  Pakistan is like India's younger brother: Mulayam

NEXT  President condemns Hyderabad blasts