New Delhi: IIT-Delhi on Friday accepted the common entrance test for admission to the undergraduate programme for 2013 based on percentile ranking and retain the existing eligibility condition for students who passed their board examination in 2012.
IIT-Delhi senate, which met in New Delhi on Friday to discuss the IIT council decision of June 27, adopted the format but with some modification, recommending that a student has to satisfy either being among the top 20 percentile or have scored a minimum of 60 per cent at the board for admission.
It further recommended that the syllabus of the main and the advance test under the new two-tier format should be identical to each other.
"We have accepted the common entrance test under the format proposed by the IIT council for 2013 only," said an IIT-Delhi senate member.
For 2014 and onwards, he said the senate resolved for setting up a committee to go into the entire gamut of the admission process and arrive at recommendations.
The meeting was called to examine IIT council's decision of June 27 which adopted the common entrance test under a compromise formula for admission to undergraduate programme based on percentile ranking of students in their boards.
IIT-Delhi along with IIT-Kanpur had earlier rejected the common entrance test under a proposed format, forcing the HRD Ministry to float a compromise formula which was adopted by the IIT council.
IIT-Bombay and IIT-Kanpur have accepted the new format.