The INDIA TODAY-Nielsen Sex Survey of four metros (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai) as well as 12 towns (Hisar, Moradabad, Kota, Kolhapur, Jamnagar, Ratlam, Salem, Kottayam, Guntur, Asansol, Baleshwar and Aizawl) throws up some interesting facts about how people from India's small towns behave between the sheets.
The 10th annual sex survey highlights the state of India's sexual health in the country's far flung extremities. However, what came off the survey are startling facts that you did not know. Here are some that we have compiled from an excerpt put up by India Today and some from Sandip Roy's article in the Firstpost.
- The survey has found that a remarkably high level of respondents (79 per cent) from Mizoram's capital Aizawl reported a satisfactory sex life.
India Today used this stock image for their sex survey story. Credit: India Today (India Today used this stock image for their sex survey story.)
- Aizawl has the highest percentage of individuals who nominate their boyfriends/girlfriends as the first sexual partner. It also reports the highest percentage of live-in relationships, as well as those with multiple sexual partners.
- Roy quoted the survey as saying that 58 per cent of respondents in Kota detach emotions from sex
- Wife-swapping is rampant in Asansol in West Bengal
- Ratlam (Remember 'Jab We Met'?) in Madhya Pradesh is obsessed about watching partners undress
- Salem is the place where partners fake headaches the most to put off sex
- Respondents in Kottayam (9 per cent) have used sex enhancers during intercourse
- 11 per cent of Ratlam respondents have done threesomes and 14 per cent are okay with homosexuality even if it involves one's spouse.
- Guntur is the capital of one-night stands in India.
Air India upgradation row: PMO seeks explanation from Public Enterprises Joint Secretary Ashok Pavadia
Setback to Sanjay Dutt, Maharashtra government orders probe into repeated furloughs
'One-rank one-pension' scheme before next budget: Manohar Parrikar