In the interim Railway Budget for 2014-15, ten new passenger trains including one daily train from Jaipur to Chandigarh have been announced for Rajasthan. A new daily intercity train from Jaipur to Chandigarh via Jhajjar was also proposed in the budget, quoting Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge who tabled the budget in Lok Sabha a spokesman said.
Under premium trains category: a bi-weekly AC Express train on Sealdah-Jodhpur route via Mugalsarai, weekly AC Express train on Yeshwantpur-Jaipur route via Gulbarga, Pune, Vasai Road and tri-weekly train on Ahmedabad-Delhi Sarai Rohila Express route via Palampur, Ajmer, Rewari.
Following are the six express trains:
Interim rail budget: Rajasthan gets 3 premium, 6 express trains
1. Ahemdabad-Kausa Express (weekly)via Jaipur
2. Ahemdabad-Lucknow Jn Express via Jaipur
3. Bhavnagar-Delhi S/Rohilla link Express (weekly)
4. Jaipur-Chandigarh Intercity (daily) via Jhajjar
5. Mannargudi-Jodhpur Express (weekly) via Jaipur
6. Sriganganagar-Jammu Tawi Express (weekly) via Abohar
One new daily local passenger train between Jaipur and Phulera is also proposed.
Two trains, Delhi S/Rohilla-Sujangarh have been extended to Jodhpur, and Kathagadam-Bhagatki kothi Ranikhet Express extended to Jaisalmer. There would be one daily DEMU train between Rewari and Rohtak.