HYDERABAD:Valuable electric decorative articles, electronic goods and other items were destroyed in a major fire that broke out at a shop located in Banjara Hills on Monday night. However, no causalities were reported.
According to police, around 7.45 p.m on Monday, a major fire broke out at the light shop located on Road No.1 in Banjara Hills when some workers were attending to repair works in a showroom on the firstfloor. Soon after flames and smoke filled the complex.
Local noticed smoke emanating from the shop and informed the nearest fire station. The locals tried to douse the flames but could not control the fire. Fire tenders reached the spot almost 30 minutes late owing to traffic chaos on the main stretch at Banjara Hills due to the fire mishap. As many as eight fire tenders were pressed into service and the flames were brought under control after a couple of hours.
The fire services staff suspected electrical short circuit could be the reason for the mishap. Police registered a case and investigation is on.