Jaipur: Shane Watson was adjudged the man of the match for the third time in the Indian Premier League (IPL) as Rajasthan Royals beat Delhi Daredevils by three wickets on Sunday night.
Watson (74) scored the third fifty of the tournament and his bowling figures of 2-21 saw him take the man-of-the-match honour.
Other highlights of the match:
HAVING A BLAST: Shane Watson scored the third fifty of the tournament on Sunday. (IBN)
- Delhi Daredevils have won four and lost four out of their eight matches.
- Rajasthan Royals became the first team to win seven games out of nine played.
- Gautam Gambhir, with 31 off 23 balls, took his aggregate to 336 in eight matches, with an average of 48.00, regaining his place as the leading run-getter in the IPL, eclipsing Adam Gilchrist's aggregate of 308 at an average of 38.50.
- The 54-run partnership between Farvez Maharoof and Tilakratne Dilshan for the seventh wicket is an IPL record for this wicket, eclipsing 48 between Abhishek Nayar and Harbhajan Singh against Chennai Super Kings at Chennai on April 23.
- Maharoof (39 off 16 balls) posted his career-best score in Twenty20.
- A total of 995 fours and 357 sixes have been recorded in the competition so far.