New Delhi: Pakistan again violated the ceasefire in Mendhar and Poonch with the Indian Army reporting renewed firing since Thursday evening. Army sources told CNN-IBN that Indian units retaliated to the firing and while they were not aware of any casualties, Pakistan claimed one of its soldiers had been killed, the incident taking place in the same sector where two Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops on Tuesday.
High drama was also reported at the Chakan-da-Bagh crossing in Jammu where Pakistan refused to open the gates, turning back more than two crores worth of perishable Indian goods.
Indian Army sources said they had no doubt that Tuesday's attack in Poonch was pre-planned, that the attack was carried out by Pakistani SSG commandos after carefully studying the movements of Indian Army patrols in that sector.
Reports about Lashkar chief Hafiz Saeed\'s movements along the LoC in Poonch have confirmed India\'s worst fears.
This could impact India in a number of ways. While the Army could increase the size of its patrols, that would cut down the number of jawans at static posts, which means there would be less troops to monitor infiltration routes as there are only that many men in a battalion. More infiltrators could thus slip in.
Reports about Lashkar chief Hafiz Saeed's movements along the LoC in Poonch have confirmed India's worst fears. That Pakistan's Army and intelligence establishment will pursue their own line on India, quite independent of Islamabad's politicians.