New Delhi: As soon as the first trends showed that Pranab Mukherjee had established a huge lead over PA Sangma in the presidential election, people started celebrating outside his residence in New Delhi and at his village Mirati in Birbhum, West Bengal.
As the music band played the tunes of 'Yeh Desh Hai Veer Jawanon Ka' the crowd broke into an impromptu jig outside his 13, Talkatora Road residence.
At Mukherjee's village Mirati dhak players were called to provide some music to the celebrations. His supporters played with colours and distributed sweets.
As the music band played \'Yeh Desh Hai Veer Jawanon Ka\' the crowd broke into an impromptu jig outside his Delhi residence.
Over 70 per cent of the MPs and MLAs have pledged their support for Mukherjee while the remaining 30 per cent are backing Sangma.