New Delhi: The initial reports about the business of 'Joker' don't seem good. Most of the reviewers have found a lot of flaws in the film. The film features a NASA scientist who returns to India in order to get basic amenities for his fellow villagers. He cooks up a story about aliens to get media talking about Paglapur village that cartographers have ignored.
As a film whose lead protagonist is a NASA scientist, this film should have made a strong case for technology and science. It sadly does none. Even taking into consideration that these are actually humans dressed up as aliens, there are a lot of illogical things in the film which can easily annoy the NASA management. We have compiled 10, do let us know if you spot more.
1. No one knows what language aliens speak. But the ones in Paglapur have taken to gibberish, god bless their soul. It seems Joker's director has a better grip on cosmic theories than scientists.
NASA should employ Sonakshi Sinha because she seems to understand the aliens better than the scientists.
2. In a galaxy far, far away, aliens actually dance to Bollywood tunes. In 'Joker', alien Golkot prefers dancing to 'Kafirana'. Well, who wouldn't?
3. Let's say you are taking your daily morning walk and you stumble upon a crop circle, what are the odds there is an alien hiding in the tall grass? Crop circle theories have been floated and debunked over the years. Rarely does a SWAT team arrive in helicopters to identify and analyze one. Really, where's the budget for wild goose chase?
4. 'Oodta firta omelette' = 'UFO'. Aliens just committed mass suicide in a galaxy far, far away.
5. Shirish Kunder just got what NASA would have died to get their hands on - Shreyas Talpade. The man who can identify the gender of an alien. No more embarrassing mistakes in the dark then.
6. If someone outruns everyone in the village, he is an alien. That's why Kachua (Pitobash) was thought to be an alien. Usain Bolt is then the chief of aliens.
7. In the Joker world, the CIA has an unlimited budget and is interested in anything and everything under the sun, fake crop circles included. Not happy wasting time alone, they also advice the Indian army to send their troops to Paglapur.
8. At the NASA Halloween meet this year, 'Joker' costumes will be the life of the party. Wear a big pumpkin and hang some other vegetables on your neck.
9. NASA should employ Sonakshi Sinha because she seems to understand the aliens the most. Plus she can look seductively at the NASA scientists for some fun, after all this is what she was doing in the film, even when she was looking at Golkot.
10. NASA junks an instrument that Akshay is working on for the past two years. Enter alien. Alien says instrument works fine. In your face, NASA.
- Masand: Shirish Kunder treats his audience like fools in 'Joker'
- Tweet Review: 'Joker', first day, first show
- Friday Release: Akshay Kumar's 100th film 'Joker'
- Akshay Kumar learns gibberish for 'Joker'
- 'Joker' is an underdog affair, says director Shirish Kunder