Kolkata: A Madhyamik examinee was injured when a ceiling fan fell on his head during the first day of the Madhyamik board examination at a school in North Kolkata on Monday, police sources said.
The student, Sham Moinuddin, was rushed to hospital where he was given four stitches, the sources said. He was taken back to the examination centre and would be given extra time to complete his answer script, they said.
The police visited the school to inquire how the incident occurred.
Generic image of an examination hall