New Delhi: After suspecting an Indian hand in the terror attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team, Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani on Sunday revealed that the attack may have been funded by the LTTE.
Speaking about the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore in March this year, Gilani said that he had received word from Sri Lankan authorities about the involvement of a Sri Lankan group.
Gilani also said that the admission came from none other than the Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa during the duo's visit to Libya recently.
PAST TENSE: Eight persons were killed and over 20 injured in the Lahore terrorist attack.
“Sri Lankan President in Libya told me that they have got clues that the attack on Lankan team was funded from Lanka. I told him if he is willing to share those clues then we will send officials from our Interior Ministry,” Gilani said.
Eight persons were killed and over 20, including six Sri Lankan players, were injured in the terrorist attack on the cricket team's motorcade at a busy traffic roundabout in Lahore on March 3 this year.
None of the terrorists involved in the attack have been arrested so far.
Lahore police chief Pervaiz Rathore had recently sparked a controversy by claiming that India was linked to the attack. He had said that "pro-India Afghans" had carried out the assault.
#GoHomeIndianMedia trending in Nepal as quake-hit victims say Indian media doing PR for govt
Nepal earthquake: 105-year-old man rescued alive from debris
Nepal earthquake: Tribhuvan International Airport bans landing of big aircraft