Mumbai: Singer Jagjit Singh was cremated at Chandanwadi electric crematorium in Mumbai today.
The ghazal maestro has been survived by his wife Chitra Singh. The cremation draw several celebrities as well. Jagjit Singh died at the age of 70 after being treated for brain hemorrhage since he was admitted to Lilavati hospital on 23 September 2011.
He underwent two surgeries during his hospitalization in Lilavati hospital. He was on the life support system.
His demise is a big blow to the Indian music industry and for his fans worldwide.
- 'We won't sing Munni Badnaam Hui': Jagjit Singh
- RIP: Jagjit Singh, the ghazal maestro
- Bollywood remembers ghazal singer Jagjit Singh
- PM condoles Jagjit Singh's death
- Noted ghazal singer Jagjit Singh dies at 70