ibnlive » India » Maharashtra

Maharashtra: Four of a family seriously injured as radio explodes

Press Trust of India
Nov 30, 2012 at 09:42pm IST

Aurangabad: Four members of a family, including a minor boy, were seriously injured when a radio set exploded at their residence in Koregaon village of Kaij tehsil of Beed district this afternoon, police said. Bus conductor AR Nimbalkar (35), his wife Usha (30), mother Kusum (53) and two-year-son old Kunal were seriously injured in the incident, police said.

Nimbalkar, who was on duty in Mumbai-Ambejogai bus, noticed a radio set abandoned in the bus when all the passengers got down. He took the radio home and while trying to replace its battery pack it exploded, police added.

According to them, the sound of the explosion could be heard as far as three kilometers away from the spot. The injured have been admitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth (SRT) hospital in the town, police said. Dr Rakesh Jadhav, who is attending the injured at the hospital, said that eyes of the injured were severely damaged in the incident and they were operated upon immediately.

Four of a family seriously injured as radio explodes

Nimbalkar, who noticed the radio abandoned in a bus, took it home and was trying to replace its battery, when it exploded.

Meanwhile, teams of forensic experts and ATS have reached the spot, sources said. IG Ritesh Kumar, SP Dattatraya Mandalik visited the site and sniffer dogs have been pressed into service, police said. Maharashtra Home minister RR Patil has issued instructions to remain alert, senior police officers said.

The radio and the batteries have been seized for further investigation, they said.

Previous Comments

Latest

More from this section

PREVIOUS  Posts against Thackeray on another FB profile in Palghar

NEXT  Maharashtra: 4 family members injured in a radio blast