Mumbai: The nine people, who were accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case, got bail on Saturday and will finally be walking free after spending five years in prison. Their families, although relieved, want the state to compensate them for the trauma, the stigma of terror and their loss.
Father and brother of Noorulhuda, one of the accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case say they have suffered as much as Noorulhuda. Nooruddin, who couldn't continue with his studies due to lack of money after his brother's arrests, is now demanding compensation from the state.
Noorulhuda'S brother Nooruddin said, "The government has top compensate us for the mental trauma and the loss faced by us in the last five years.;"
The bail of Noorulhuda and 8 other accused came after National Investigation Agency (NIA) took over the case from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in March, 2011. NIA re-investigated the case and collected fresh evidence after a confession made by Mecca Masjid blast accused Swami Aseemanand which literally turned the case on its head.
Twist in the trial:
Aseemanand's confession literally added a twist to the case. He told a Delhi court in December, 2010, that right wing Hindu fundamentalist groups were behind the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts - as also the Samjhauta Express, Ajmer Sharif and the Mecca Masjid blasts in 2007. He retracted this confession of his earlier this year.
Malegaon is already celebrating the release of the the accused.
Jameel, brother of an accused, said, "The investigation by the NIA has drawn the curtain on the shoddy investigation by the ATS."
Though the investigation is still not complete, for the families, the return of their loved ones after five long years is no small victory.
Braveheart Colonel MN Rai's Whatsapp status summed up his motto towards life and duty
Col MN Rai cremated with military honour, UP government announces Rs 30 lakh for family
Have done no wrong, won't resign as MP, says Shashi Tharoor on being quizzed in Sunanda death case