New Delhi: Even as the stalemate over the second edition of the Indian Premier League continues, IPL sources have told CNN-IBN that the schedule is likely to be sorted out within the next 48 hours.
The Baord of Control for Cricket in India is expected to give the Home Ministry a fresh schedule. So far, Delhi is the only venue that has not been cleared. All other venues are ready.
The BCCI officials met Home Ministry officials on Monday but the deadlock could not be broken.
The IPL though is determined to go ahead and has indicated that it will accomodate all stakeholders.
A three-member BCCI team, led by secreatry N Srnivasan, had met the Home Minsitry for close to two hours on Monday. Both the parties addressed each others concerns, but failed to find a solution. The Ministy instead delivered a googly, asking the BCCI to make further changes to the itenary, keeping state security cocnerns in mind.
And soon enough, the BCCI replied with a straight bat, pulling out another reworked schedule on the table.
The nitty-gritties in the schedule still need some brains to be racked, and it could be a tough ask. Jaipur for instance has asked for extra para-military presence.
And it couldn't have got edgier for some other centres. Andhra Pradesh for instance
have said that they could not host matches till April 24. But that also gives them another 28 days to host the seven home games of the Deccan Chargers.
Also new options like Ahemabad, Cuttack and Dharamsala will allow the IPL organisers to breathe easy.
The urgency is upon IPL and for a smooth season two they need to release a schedule in the coming two days.
The organisers will be keeping their fingers crossed this time hoping their latest schedule gets the nod for the carnival to take off.