New Delhi: Nimbus has scored a major victory over its row with Doordarshan as the Delhi High Court has granted marketing rights of live telecast feed to Nimbus and has also decided the revenue model in its favour.
Nimbus, which holds the rights for all cricket matches in India till 2010, will get 75 per cent of revenues generated while DD will get the remaining 25 per cent.
The court also ordered DD not to sell the feed to private DTH operators like TataSky and DishTV.
While giving the order Justice Sanjay Kisan Kaul agreed with Nimbus' argument that they would get far higher revenues by sale of the matches telecast on DD.
Nimbus said that they would be able to generate revenues of Rs 22 crore through the sale of advertising and other slots during the matches on DD.
DD came up with a figure of Rs 4.26 crore for the same.
Justice Kaul ordered Nimbus to deposit Rs 5.5 crore with Prasar Bharati, as part of its 25 per cent share in advertisement revenues on its channel.
On Wednesday morning DD had moved the court saying a delay of seven minutes in telecasting the match is injustice to the poor people who can't afford cable connections.
As per a Delhi High Court interim order on Tuesday, DD is to show the Indian-West Indies ODIs with a seven-minute delay.
PM Modi among 30 most influential people on internet: Time magazine
Citizenship and Cultural Richness: A joint initiative by St Stephen's College and Network 18 towards educational inclusivity
US support India's efforts to address gender-based violence