New Delhi: Many a time, we have witnessed Google coming up with interesting easter eggs. "Do a barrel roll" and "Let it snow" are the easter eggs recently introduced by Google. But this time, Facebook has come up with an innovative easter egg that lets users add profile photos in their Facebook chat messages.
It's very simple! All the users need to do is put the [[username]] into the chat message, send it and they will see the text replaced with the profile image. Though the image appears is quite small like an emoticon, but it's cool.
Here I explain you in detail that how you can do it:
Facebook has come up with an innovative easter egg that lets users add profile photos in their chat messages.
1. Go to any profile page that you want to use as an emoticon in your Facebook chat.
2. Take a look at the URL. You will find the username or profile ID at the end of the URL. For instance, if you will go to my profile, the URL appear will be: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002597027407. However in some cases, you will find the name instead of an ID number such as http://www.facebook.com/soumyadip
3. Put the name or number in double brackets like [] in case of the first URL, and [[soumyadip]] for the second URL
4. Enter the same into your Facebook Chat. When you will send it, the bracketed number or letters will replaced with the profile image.
Now when you have understood it, what are you waiting for? Try it and share the new feature with your friends.
- Facebook unwelcome in Vietnam, but Zuckerberg OK
- Review: Scrutinising your presence on Facebook