Bangalore: The captain of the visually-impaired cricket team of Pakistan, Zeeshan Abbas, was on Saturday admitted to a hospital in Bangalore after he drank cleaning liquid that he mistook for water at breakfast before a match with Bangladesh. The incident threatened to escalate into a bigger crisis with some sections of the Pakistani team thinking the incident was deliberate.
Biswajit Chakraborty, General Manager, Movenpick Hotel, said, "Apparently this morning at breakfast there must have been a bottle of window cleaning detergent. By accident, the player must have picked it up, and then he was fine. And he deposited the bottle at the reception. I think the issue has been escalated more than what it should have been...it's being made into a bigger issue."
Due to play Bangladesh, Zeeshan went ahead to the grounds after the incident. But when he complained of soreness in the throat, he was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced normal. "Today morning at breakfast I drank some liquid which did not taste like water," he said. The coach of the team said that the the hotel authority had apologised and the matter had been resolved.
Tiger kills a pregnant woman, Karnataka government orders catch or kill the man eater
Tamil Nadu: No lessons learnt from 2004 Tsunami disaster, warning systems still non-functional
10 years on couple take care of children orphaned in 2004 Tsunami