ibnlive » South » Karnataka

Dec 08, 2012 at 06:14pm IST

Pak blind cricket team captain discharged, says he consumed phenyl by mistake

Bangalore: The captain of Pakistan's blind cricket team, who was hospitalised on Saturday after mistakenly consuming phenyl, has been discharged. Before leaving hospital, Zeeshan Abbas said that he had consumed the liquid by mistake and that no one had given it to him. Meanwhile, the hotel where the incident happened has apologised to the player. Sources say that the matter has been resolved.

Police claimed that Abbas consumed the diluted phenyl in a hurry after a hotel cleaning staff left the bottle on a table by mistake.

ALSO SEE Pak blind cricket team captain hospitalised in Bangalore after accidentally drinking phenyl

Team manager Bilal Satti, however, had alleged foul play. "It is a five star hotel. How could such an incident take place? What was an acid bottle doing on the breakfast table? I don't buy their explanation that it was kept on the table by mistake. I think somebody put the acid inside the bottle on purpose. The bottle was replaced," Satti had said.

The team is in Bangalore to participate in the T20 World Cup tournament for the visually challenged.

  • 5
  • 19
  • 1

Previous Comments

Latest