Bangalore: The captain of Pakistan's blind team was hospitalised in Bangalore on Saturday morning after he drank diluted phenyl by mistake. Police have claimed that Zeeshan Abbas consumed the diluted phenyl in a hurry after a hotel cleaning staff left the bottle on a table by mistake.
Team manager Bilal Satti, however, has alleged foul play. "It is a five star hotel. How could such an incident take place? What was an acid bottle doing on the breakfast table? I don't buy their explaination that it was kept on the table by mistake. I think somebody put the acid inside the bottle on purpose. The bottle was replaced," said Satti.
Meanwhile, doctors have conducted all tests and Zeeshan Abbas is out of danger and will be discharged soon. "We have done an endoscopy and it has come out as normal. There is some soreness in the throat and so we are keeping him under observation. He is stable and his life is not under threat in anyway," said Chief of Accident and Emergency MS Ramaiah Memorial Hospital Aruna Ramesh. The team is in Bangalore to participate in the T20 World Cup tournament for the visually challenged.