Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Friday announced that it has revoked all no objection certificates issued to Pakistani cricketers that allowed them to participate in the third season of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Nadeem Sarwar, the PCB's media chief, said that in future the board will only decide on the participation of its cricketers in the IPL in consultation with the relevant government authorities.
"Today, Pakistan Cricket Board announces, for clarification purposes, that all NOCs issued to Pakistani players for their participation in IPL-3 stand revoked," he stated.
"In the future if any player receives an invitation for participation in IPL events, the PCB will decide the matter on a case to case basis after consulting the relevant government authorities," added Sarwar.
The PCB announcement came just a day after reports emerged that a few Pakistani cricketers might be able to feature in the IPL.
Pakistani cricketers were snubbed at the IPL player auction in Mumbai earlier this month when none of them was picked by the franchisees. It created a wave of anger in Pakistan and triggered a diplomatic row between the two neighbours.
Pakistani politicians and cricketers alike said the outcome was an insult and there were calls to boycott sporting ties with India.