Lahore: Pakistani investigators have identified the 13 terrorists who attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team's motorcade in Lahore on March 3 and made "enough progress" in their probe into the incident, a senior police official said on Tuesday.
Shaukat Javed, the outgoing police chief of Punjab province, said all the 13 terrorists involved in the attack had been identified.
He said that "enough progress" had been made in the probe but refused to disclose details. "Right now, I can only tell you that all the attackers have been identified," Javed said.
Eight persons were killed and over 20, including six Sri Lankan players, were injured in the terrorist attack on the cricket team's motorcade at a busy traffic roundabout in Lahore on March 3.
None of the terrorists involved in the attack has been arrested so far.
Lahore police chief Pervaiz Rathore had recently sparked a controversy by claiming that India was linked to the attack. He had said that "pro-India Afghans" had carried out the assault.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Interior Ministry Advisor Rehman Malik both distanced themselves from Rathore's claims, saying it would be premature to blame anyone till the investigation is completed.