New Delhi: The Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir has reiterated that Pakistan had nothing to do with the killings of the two Indian soldiers on January 8. He also said that clear instructions have been given to the Pakistani Army to observe a ceasefire.
Salman Bashir also maintained that the Director General of Military Operations of both the nations are in constant contact. "The DGMOs of both the countries are in contact with each other. Clear instructions have been given to the Pakistan Army to maintain ceasefire," he said.
He also called for a dialogue between the two countries saying that both need to make contact. He further hit out at India, saying, "I must say Pakistan bashing has become fashionable in India whenever there is an issue," adding, "we should get out of this mode". The Pakistan High Commissioner further asserted that the real need was to bring back normalcy.
Further talking about the beheading of Indian soldiers, the Pakistan High Commissioner said, "Day this (beheading of Indian soldier) was reported, we lost over a 100 people in bombings in Quetta...we are not indifferent to this."
"Both Pakistan and India should pay attention to Confidence Building Measures," said Bashir.
Earlier on Wednesday, Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar had also offered to hold talks with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, reacting to which India demanded that first action be taken against the culprits of the killings of the two Indian soldiers.
"The only problem that needs to be resolved is the inhuman behaviour of the Pakistan forces. Talks with Pakistan are possible only after Pakistan acts against those responsible for the barbaric act. The sentiment in India is extremely sensitive. Pakistan should understand the gravity and sensitivity of the situation," Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari said.