New Delhi: Panasonic has recently announced the Toughbook C2, a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC that is Panasonic's first Toughbook model optimised for the new Microsoft Windows 8 Pro operating system.
The device includes a third-generation Intel Core processor, and delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life. Panasonic claims that this notebook is designed for those in the fields of healthcare, education, field sales, and IT departments.
Here are the key features of the Panasonic Toughbook C2:
The device includes a third-generation Intel Core processor, and delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
- Intel Core i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 5-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
- Digitiser for note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
- Improved triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
- Battery delivers approximately 11 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (approximately 15 hours with optional long life battery)
- Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
- Approximately 1.80kg magnesium alloy design
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
- Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
- Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband
- Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
- Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable the new Windows 8 functionalities
USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
"The way we use technology on the job is evolving – today's mobile professional demands flexibility and durability in addition to power and full functionality," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. "We engineered the Toughbook C2 to go where our customers go and to do whatever they need it to do, without the concerns that are inherent with a less reliable notebook or tablet."
To read more, visit: www.tech2.com