Ahmedabad: Saurasthra and South Gujarat are the two regions of the state that will vote on on Thursday. Following are the numbers of the past and the key election issues for these regions:
Gujarat elections result in 2007:
Total 182 seats
Saurasthra result in 2007:
Total 52 seats
The big questions:
- Will Keshubhai Patel and his party GPP impact BJP's vote?
- Will the leuva patel caste vote consolidate against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi?
- Can the cotton crop failure result in anti-incumbency?
- Will Modi's promise of the Narmada Canal for Saurashtra satisfy farmers?
- Will independents backed by Congress and GPP prove spoilers?