The surgery was done as Manmohan Singh has multiple blockages in his heart which were discovered during a routine examination.
Prime Minister's health update:
- Saturday (January 24) 1600 hrs IST: Prime Minister's bypass surgery over.
- The first graft successfully performed on the Prime Minister at 1510 hrs IST.
- The medical bulletin of the Prime Minister will be at 1800 hrs IST.
- The surgery is being undertaken at operation theatre No. 5 at AIIMS
- Saturday (January 24) 0715 hrs IST: Bypass surgery starts.
- Saturday (January 24) 0530 hrs IST: Doctors take the Prime Minister to the operation theater.
- The team includes interventional cardiac surgeon Dr Vijay D'Silva, cardiac surgeon Dr Pradyot Kumar Rath, cardiac anesthetic Dr Narendra Garach, cardiac surgeon Dr Ramakant Panda. The 11-doctor team is headed by Dr K Srinath Reddy. Dr Reddy is the chief of Prime Minister's medical panel and former head of cardiology at AIIMS.
- A team of 11 doctors from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Asian Heart Institute is conducting the surgery.
- Dr Ramakant Panda of the Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai has conducted 700 repeat bypass surgeries
- Dr Panda flew in on Friday night from Mumbai with a team of 10 surgeons, nurses and paramedics.
- Two doctors from AIIMS, Dr Milind Hote and Dr SK Chaudhry. who are Associate Professors and cardio-thoracic surgeons will take part in the Prime Minister's surgery.
- Friday (January 23) : Prime Minister Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS.