London: Prince Harry, the third-in-line to the British throne, is all set to realise his long-held ambition of conquering Mount Everest this year, a report said.
The 27-year-old Prince had dropped a broad hint about scaling the world's highest mountain in May this year at the end of his trek to the North Pole last year to raise money for 'Walking With the Wounded', a charity for wounded soldiers.
Harry had, in fact, indicated that he wanted to join the group of wounded servicemen on their next challenge in May, which will see them climbing Mount Everest with a peak at 29,029 ft above sea level, 'The Sunday Telegraph' reported.
However, Buckingham Palace has declined to comment on whether it would be possible for Harry to fit the climb into his schedule. "It will all depend on his Army commitments", his spokesman said.
There has been no comment, either, from the charity, the newspaper said.
But, Mollie Hughes, the 21-year-old mountaineer who plans to become the youngest British woman to climb Everest when she makes her own ascent with Kenton Cool in May, said that she has been told that the Prince will also be going up.
"He won't be doing the full climb as it will take a long time and it requires rigorous training so I think he'll be joining at a base camp," she said.