Brazilian lyricist and novelist Paulo Coelho turned 65 on August 24, 1947. He is one of the most widely read authors in the world. Coelho's 1988 allegorical novel 'The Alchemist' became one of the best-selling books in history.
The author's sales total at least 300 million in 150 countries. On Coelho's birthday, we've put together some quotable quotes, mostly tweets that make you say...what?!
- We may not know what we want, but we MUST know what we don't want
\"Writing is a socially acceptable form of getting naked in public,\" and other Paulo Coelho gems on his birthday.
- In order to have faith in our own path, we don't need to prove that someone else's path is wrong
- Truth: something hard to say and hard to hide
- Writing is a socially acceptable form of getting naked in public
- Go and reconquer your kingdom, don't allow routine to corrupt it
- Although I have the colors, only the Lord can mix them with such harmony
- Love is not a theory. It is an experience that cynicism and irony can easily destroy.
- Cynics are romantics who are afraid to say "I love you"
- And when you can't go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward (The Alchemist)
- When we are hurt, first we have to forgive the aggressors, and them hit back without hatred (I'm no saint, my friends)
- We need to awake the love sleeping within us before we awake love in other people.
- Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come Life is like sex: anxiety doesn't help...