Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar may not have set this IPL season on fire but his 48 off 28 balls on Tuesday was enough for Mumbai Indians to end Kolkata Knight Riders' play-off hopes and brighten their own chances of reaching the knockout phase. En route Mumbai's win, milestone man Tendulkar got another record under his belt - most fours in IPL history.
Tendulkar hit eight fours during his knock on Tuesday, taking his tally of IPL boundaries to 289. The effort also won Tendulkar Man-of-the-match award - his eighth in the IPL.
Kolkata's eighth loss in 12 matches this season also saw their skipper getting his seventh duck in IPL. The win for Mumbai was their 10th against Kolkata, making them the first side to win 10 matches against a particular team. The victory also kept Mumbai's 100 percent record at home this season intact, winning all six matches they have played so far. Read on for that and some more interesting statistics from Game 53 of IPL6.
Tendulkar hit eight fours during his match-winning knock against KKR on Tuesday, taking his tally of IPL boundaries to 289.
* With eight fours during his innings of 48 off 28 balls, Sachin Tendulkar has set a record for most fours (289) at the IPL.
* Tendulkar's strike rate of 171.42 is his second best at the IPL (minimum qualification: 50), behind the 196.88 while scoring 63 off 32 balls against Delhi Daredevils at Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi on March 17, 2010.
* Tendulkar has received his eighth Man-of-the-Match award in the IPL.
* Rohit Sharma's aggregate of 430 (average 53.75) in 12 matches is the highest for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2013 and the third highest, next only to Chris Gayle (566) and Michael Hussey (507).
* The leading five wicket-takers in the present competition are Dwayne Bravo (20), Vinay Kumar (19), James Faulkner (18), Amit Mishra (17) and Mitchell Johnson (17).
* Gautam Gambhir has posted his seventh duck in the IPL.
* Mumbai Indians have won eight and lost four out of 12 played at the IPL 6. Their magnificent 65-run win is their 10th in 12 matches against Kolkata Knight Riders at the IPL.
* Mumbai are the first side to win 10 matches against a particular team in the IPL.
* Mumbai have recorded victories in all six games at the Wankhede Stadium in IPL 6. In all those matches, they have batted first.
* The first team to win 50 tosses in the IPL is Mumbai Indians.
* Lasith Malinga (92) and Amit Mishra (91) are the top wicket-takers in the IPL overall.
* Harbhajan Singh (3 for 27) has recorded his best bowling figures against Kolkata in the IPL.
(With PTI inputs)