Mumbai: Sources say that actor and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) owner Shah Rukh Khan will not be attending his team's match against Mumbai Indians at Wankhede Stadium on Tuesday night. Shah Rukh reportedly wants to avoid any distractions ahead of the crucial game.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra Congress unit earlier in the day wrote to the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) asking them to allow Shah Rukh into the Wankhede Stadium for Tuesday's IPL match.
The Bollywood superstar can't attend the match after the MCA wrote a letter to the Churchgate Police station, asking them to keep him away from Wankhede stadium.
Meanwhile the police have so far denied receiving any such letter. Mumbai Police says that allowing Shah Rukh into the premises of Wankhede stadium is an internal matter of the MCA.
Shahr Rukh was banned for five years from entering MCA premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, by the Association's Managing Committee, headed by the late Vilasrao Deshmukh, on May 18, 2012 after he was involved in a skirmish with security staff and officials of the cricket body following his team's victory over Mumbai Indians two nights earlier.
Shah Rukh had denied misbehaving with the staff and said that he had reacted after his daughter was 'manhandled' by them.
Tigmanshu Dhulia's decoit drama 'Sultana Daku' will be like 'Indiana Jones'
Tejaswini Kolhapure: I don't have to read the script to work with Anurag Kashyap
Watch: Sizzling hot number 'Touch my body' from Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover's 'Alone' is a remake of 90s hit song 'Don't be shy'