New Delhi: A girl gives money to Polipaka Gattaiah, who stands at seven-and-a-half feet and claims to be the tallest man in India, at the arts and crafts centre in Hyderabad. Gattaiah entertains people who visit the centre. Visitors often give money to the 38-year-old man and pose for photographs with him.
In March 2011, he was given a prosthetic foot by a charitable organisation after it was amputated a few years earlier because of an infection. It is said to be the longest prosthetic foot ever made. Gattaiah is paid 6500 rupees a month by the state tourism department, officials said.
- Snapshot: AMRI highlights achievement on website on day of fire
- Snapshot: Peep inside vault holding 125-year-old Coca Cola formula
- Snapshot: A shoe you can ride!
- Children's Day Special Snapshot: Jawaharlal Nehru as a child
- Snapshot: Meet the world's best poker player