Los Angeles: Leonardo DiCaprio starrer films 'The Great Gatsby' and 'Django Unchained' are both set to hit US theatres on December 25 next year. Directed and written by Baz Luhrmann, 'The Great Gatsby' is currently filming in Australia. Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is a part of the film, which also stars Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Joel Edgerton.
While 'Gatsby' is already being filmed, Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' has not begun production yet, the Hollywood Reporter said.
'The Great Gatsby', based on F Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel, stars DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan and Maguire as Nick Carraway. DiCaprio is not the only actor who has two of his movies releasing just in time for Christmas. His 'Gatsby' co-star Maguire will also appear twice in cinemas in December next year.
Leonardo DiCaprio starrer films \'The Great Gatsby\' is set to hit US theatres on December 25 next year.
Maguire's 'Life of Pi', helmed by Oscar-winning director Ang Lee, is set to hit theatres four days before Christmas on December 21.
- Amitabh Bachchan signs his first Hollywood film 'The Great Gatsby'
- Big B nervous, apprehensive about 'The Great Gatsby' shoot
- Amitabh in 'Great Gatsby': Just one small scene
- Amitabh enjoying shooting for 'The Great Gatsby'
- Amitabh Bachchan calls Hollywood debut 'a friendly gesture'