Chennai: Urging his fans to maintain calm, actor and director Kamal Haasan on Wednesday evening said that he was upset and not angry over the row surrounding his latest film, 'Vishwaroopam'. Addressing the media, Haasan said that 'Vishwaroopam' was "just a movie, not worth a public agitation'.
Haasan added that he will await the court verdict on the film and admitted that his "emotional outburst" in the morning was out of anger.
Reports further said Haasan may not approach the Supreme Court against the Madras High Court stay order, as had been earlier claimed.
Meanwhile, Haasan agreed to delete some scenes from the film, caving into pressure building on him from various groups that claimed the Tamil-Hindi bilingual about international terrorism hurt the sentiments of Muslims.
Haasan had, in the morning, made an emotional pitch ahead of the HC's final decision on the release of his film. "I have explored all possibilities with my Muslim brothers. Now it's up to the court to decide. I only request to the government that they maintain law and order is in place, that nothing untoward happens to my Muslim fans," he said.
He said he and the leaders of the groups that objected to his film agreed to sort the issue amicably. "I have been given a list of scenes; I don't want it to be marred by someone's confusion. I have agreed for certain cuts," he said. "My emotional family has reached out to me, I promise anything for my brothers," he said.
The film was banned in the state on the insistence of some Muslim organisations which felt that it depicted the community in poor light. But Kamal Haasan got a late night relief from the Madras High Court on Tuesday after the court decided to put in abeyance the prohibitory orders issued by the Tamil Nadu government to delay the film's release.