Mumbai: A case of non-cognizable offence has been filed against Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan over the Wankhede Stadium brawl. The actor had got into a verbal spat with Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials and some security personnel on Wednesday night following an IPL match. The filing of the non-cognizable offence means that the police are unlikely to take any strong action and may just warn the two parties.
While the police and the MCA have alleged misbehaviour by Khan, the actor countered the allegations by saying his children were manhandled by the officials and the guards at the stadium.
Speaking to reporters earlier on Thursday, Khan said, "I went to pick up my children as they were misbehaving with the children and manhandling them, they were abusive. I got angry as they were abusing."
Khan has also denied the MCA officials' claim that he was drunk. "It is wrong to say that I was under the influence of liquor. I was not drunk," he said.
Shah Rukh admitted that he misbehaved but said that was only because the security officials first misbehaved and abused him. "Yes, I was abusing them as they were insulting me. I don't want to repeat what he was saying as it will give colour to the issue, it was started by the other man, then only I abused him back," Khan said.
Shah Rukh Khan is likely to be banned by the MCA from entering the Wankhede Stadium for life following an alleged altercation he had with the security and the officials of the association. The decision on banning Shah Rukh from the Wankhede stadium will be taken next week, union minister and President of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Vilasrao Deshmukh said.