Kolkata: In a major goof-up, sixty-seven children were hospitalised in Arambag near Kolkata, after they were mistakenly given Hepatitis B vaccines instead of Pulse Polio drops on Sunday. 40 of them are still under observation.
Four health workers have been suspended for the lapse. Panic spread after parents started complaining that their children were vomiting and sweating profusely.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has ordered an inquiry into the blunder. Authorities say the Hepatitis vaccine won't cause critical harm. But the incident has certainly led to lack of faith among parents.