New Delhi: Google on Monday announced a new version of its Android operating system - Android 4.2, which is a minor update to Andorid 4.1 (Jelly Bean) - which now powers more than 500 million devices worldwide. Android 4.2 (also known as Jelly Bean) is a new flavour of Andoir 4.1 (Jelly Bean). A more comprehensive makeover, known as Key Lime Pie, is expected next year.
Let's see what all Google's latest Android operating system - Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) has to offer.
1. A new feature called Photo Sphere stitches together 360-degree pictures of rooms and landscapes. The high-resolution photos created with this tool are similar to the shots shown in Google's Street View feature in its online maps.
Let\'s see what all Google\'s latest Android operating system - Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) has to offer.
2. The Android update includes a feature called Gesture Typing, which tries to anticipate what words a user wants to enter as they are entering text. The guesses are based on an analysis of typical sentence structures and users' past entries.
3. Android 4.2 also adds support for wireless display so you can wirelessly watch movies, YouTube videos and play games right on your Miracast-compatible HDTV. Connecting a wireless display adapter to any HDMI-enabled TV or monitor allows what's on the small screen to be mirrored on the bigger one.
4. It will allow multiple users to create separate personal profiles on a device by using different account names and passwords. With support for multiple users, each person will have his own space. Everyone can have their own homescreen, background, widgets, apps and games.
5. Android 4.2 includes the latest version of Google Now, which brings you the information you need, when and where you need it, before you even ask. Google Now tells you today's weather before you start your day, or when the next train will arrive as you're standing on the platform. With the latest version, you can see popular photo spots nearby, track packages easily, get information about upcoming movies, and much more.
6. Daydream lets your Android device display useful information when idle or docked. It shows off your photo albums, get the latest news from Google Currents, and more.
7. Google brought in the expandable notifications feature with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but Android 4.2 brings support for more apps.
8. With Android Beam on Jelly Bean you can now easily share your photos and videos with just a simple tap, in addition to sharing contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps.
9. Android 4.2 allows you to show widgets on your lockscreen.
10. According to Google, Jelly Bean makes your Android device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.