New Delhi: Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Wednesday said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the Mahabodhi temple blasts probe at the request of the Bihar government. Shinde, who visited Bodh Gaya on Wednesday along with Congress President Sonia Gandhi, added that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's request of CISF security at the serial blasts-hit Bodh Gaya will be considered.
Nitish Kumar had requested for Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) cover for the holy town of Bodh Gaya, which was hit by serial blasts on Sunday. The Home Minister said nobody has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks and that investigations will prove whether there were any lapses in acting on the intelligence alerts on the blasts.
He, however, said DIG Bodh Gaya had reviewed security after Delhi Police provided intelligence inputs warning of a terror attack. So far, the investigators have not obtained any solid lead in the case even though an NIA team reached Bodh Gaya on Sunday night itself.
Farmers hold protest in Kurukshetra, block road
Exclusive: Yogendra Yadav says since 2014 we have been asking for PAC to be reconstituted
Ban on Nirbhaya documentary: Ravi Shankar Prasad says Modi government respects freedom of press