13_7 Blasts

  • ATS arrests 2011 Mumbai serial blasts accused from Goa July 16, 2014

    Mumbai: The Anti-terrorism squad has arrested an accused from Goa who is suspected to have been involved in the 2011 Mumbai serial blasts in Mumbai. The accused, Abdul Mateen Fakki, is suspected of having passed money to Indian Mujahideen co founder Yasin Bhatkal through the hawala network to help conduct...
  • Feel proud for carrying Mumbai serial blasts: Bhatkal tells police July 5, 2014

    Mumbai: Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal, arrested in connection with the 2011 Mumbai triple blast case, told the Mumbai police that he feels "proud of himself" for carrying out the blasts. "Whatever I have done, I feel proud of myself," Bhatkal said in his confessional statement, recorded by the Mumbai police,...
  • 13/7 triple blasts: Victims, families struggle to move on July 13, 2012

    Mumbai: With a two-year-old daughter in tow, Rinku Vishwakarma is still struggling to cope with the loss of her husband Mankeshwar, who fell victim to the blast at the crowded Zaveri Bazar on July 13 last year. "Last year, on the same day I saw my husband for the last time......
  • 13/7 blasts: Two accused arrested in theft case May 28, 2012

    Mumbai: Two of the five alleged Indian Mujahideen operatives behind bars in connection with 13/7 bomb blasts case were on Monday arrested in a motorcycle theft case, a senior ATS official said. Terror suspects Naquee Ahmed and Nadeem Shaikh were on Monday arrested for stealing two motorcycles from VP Road and...
  • 13/7 accused had eye surgery to dodge ATS May 28, 2012

    Mumbai: Do you think you can elude the cops by getting rid of your glasses? Twenty six-year-old Wakas Ibrahim Shaikh, an accused in the 13/7 terror blasts case, definitely thinks so. He allegedly underwent a laser operation to get rid of his glasses, in a bid to disguise his look...
  • Mumbai: ATS files chargesheet in 13/7 blast case May 25, 2012

    Mumbai: Almost a year after three bomb blasts shook the city killing 27 people and injuring many others, ATS on Friday filed a 4000-page chargesheet in a special MCOCA court against four accused in the case. The four accused, Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Shaikh, Kanwar Pathrija and Haroon Naik, are facing trial...
  • 13/7 blasts: Two IM operatives get ATS custody March 10, 2012

    Mumbai: Two alleged operatives of Indian Mujahideen, who were behind bars in Opera House blast case that took place on July 13 last year in Mumbai, were on Friday remanded in ATS custody by a local court in connection with the Dadar explosion that took place on the same day. As...
  • 13/7 blasts: Custody of 2 IM operatives extended March 2, 2012

    Mumbai: A local court on Friday extended till March 9 the police custody of two alleged Indian Mujahideen operatives arrested in connection with one of the three bomb blasts that rocked the metropolis on July 13 last year. A metropolitan court extended the custody of Haroon Naik and alleged hawala operator...
  • 13/7 accused met Osama in 2001: ATS sources February 7, 2012

    Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti Terror Squad (ATS) sources on Tuesday said that July 13, 2011 Mumbai serial blast accused and Indian Mujahideen member Haroon Naik met slain terrorist Osama bin Laden in August 2001 in Bahawalpur, Pakistan. "Naik was part a group of operatives who were addressed by Osama in Bhawalpur," said...
  • IM operative Bhatkal 13/7 blast mastermind: ATS January 2, 2012

    Mumbai: Nearly six months after the serial bomb blasts in Mumbai on July 13, investigators may have made a breakthrough in the case. Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) sources told CNN-IBN that Yasin Bhatkal, the most wanted Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative is allegedly the mastermind behind the 13/7 blasts. Sources said that Bhatkal alias...
  • 13/7: Leads but no breakthrough, admits Chavan November 10, 2011

    Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has admitted that there has been no breakthrough in the probe into the July terror strike in Mumbai. However, he has even claimed that leads are being made into the probe. In an exclusive interview to CNN-IBN, Chavan answered several questions such as if Union Home...
  • Group behind Mumbai blasts identified: DGP September 24, 2011

    Mumbai: Maharashtra Director General of Police (DGP) Ajit Parasnis has claimed that the group behind the 13/7 blasts has been identified. He said that the Maharashtra ATS had made progress in the investigation into the terror attack. However, he added that some loose end remained to be tied up in the probe. Three...
  • 'ZNMD' team to help Mumbai blast victims July 20, 2011

    Mumbai: Producers Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar, along with director Zoya Akhtar, have decided to contribute Thursday's collections of certain Mumbai multiplexes for the welfare of recent Mumbai blast victims. "We were in a very low mood after the blast and that is when Farhan, Kishore Lulla (of Eros International) and...