Dossier

  • H'bad: UNESCO gets Qutub Shahi dossier February 17, 2012

    HYDERABAD: The comprehensive dossier and management plan for the Qutub Shahi monuments in Hyderabad (Golconda Fort, Qutub Shahi tombs and Charminar) has been submitted to UNESCO through the Archaeological Survey of India for their recognition as World Heritage Sites. “The dossier was sent well before the deadline of Feb 1,”...
  • 26/11 attacks: India hands over 11th dossier to Pak June 18, 2010

    New Delhi: On the eve of the meeting of Foreign Secretaries, India on Friday handed over the eleventh dossier to Pakistan containing response to points raised by Islamabad over the Mumbai terror strikes and providing "additional information" on those involved in the attacks. "The Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan was...
  • Info for action against Hafiz given to Pak: India March 7, 2010

    Nothing seems to have changed with regard to Hafiz Saeed. In fact, Islamabad is sounding more bizarre by the day. The latest claim is - India's never asked for action against the Lashkar chief and 26/11 mastermind. New Delhi's responded sharply. ...
  • India hasn't demanded JuD chief's arrest: Pak March 7, 2010

    Islamabad: India has not demanded the arrest of Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed and the issue did not even figure in the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan last month, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said on Saturday. "You will be surprised that they made no demand (for the arrest of Saeed)....
  • Australia releases dossier on attacks on Indians January 27, 2010

    Sydney: The Australian government has released a police dossier of high-profile attacks on Indians over the past year, which shows that nearly half of those arrested since March last year for vicious assaults were less than 18 years old. The dossier, prepared by Victoria Police, was handed over after Australian Foreign...
  • India gives Pak fresh dossier on Mumbai terror attack November 18, 2009

    New Delhi/Islamabad: India on Tuesday handed over to Pakistan a fresh dossier of evidence on last year's Mumbai terror attacks containing statements of key witnesses, including a magistrate and FBI officials, with the hope that the prosecution in Pakistan would be expedited. The seventh dossier was handed over by Y K...
  • Kirsten scandalised, denies sex as stimulant advice September 25, 2009

    Centurion: Coach Gary Kirsten on Friday denied that he encouraged Indian cricketers to have sex before matches to boost their on-field performance. An Indian daily reported on Wednesday that Kirsten and mental conditioning expert Paddy Upton have come up with the suggestion that pre-match sex is good for the players. A "deeply...
  • Response to new Indian dossier next week: Pakistan September 12, 2009

    Islamabad: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Saturday said Islamabad will send its response to the sixth Indian dossier on the 26/11 Mumbai attacks next week. Malik, who held a meeting to review the new Indian dossier, said its examination would be completed by next week and Pakistan would then...
  • Pak not obliged to arrest Hafiz Saeed: Rehman Malik September 2, 2009

    Dubai: Pakistan has said it is "not obliged" to immediately arrest Lashker-e-Toeba founder Hafiz Saeed even if an Interpol Red Corner notice has been issued against him and claimed that evidence provided by India in three dossiers were "not sufficient" to link him to the 26/11 attacks. "Pakistan needs to examine...
  • India gives Pak evidence against Hafiz Saeed August 22, 2009

    New Delhi: India on Friday handed over another dossier to Pakistan with new information on Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed, the alleged mastermind of the Mumbai terror attacks against whom Islamabad says it has insufficient evidence to prosecute in court. Official sources said the dossier was handed over at a...
  • Pak examining new Indian dossier: Adbul Basit August 8, 2009

    Islamabad: Pakistani authorities are examining the latest dossier provided by India on the Mumbai terror attacks and the government is not in a position to make a "substantive comment" on the issue, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said on Friday. In a statement issued in response to a question on specific...
  • Watch: India hands over fourth dossier to Pak August 1, 2009

    New Delhi: November 26, 2008 was a day that shook the world. A lone terrorist caught alive by Indian security forces is now nailing Pakistan's lie. Despite Pakistan dithering on action, India is keeping up the pressure. A fourth dossier documenting the activities of Lashkar-e-Toiba Chief Hafiz Sayeed and his...
  • Trust Pakistan but verify its actions: Manmohan July 30, 2009

    New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday asserted there was no dilution in India's stand on cross-border terrorism but argued there was no alternative to engagement with neighbours. "We can have a meaningful dialogue with Pakistan only if they fulfill their commitments in letter and spirit not to allow their...
  • UPA needs no lessons on Pakistan from NDA: PM July 29, 2009

    New Delhi: The dossier submitted by Pakistan on the Mumbai terror attack was the first time it had "formally briefed" India on the results of an investigation into a terror attack, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Wednesday and added that his Government needed no lessons from the NDA. The dossier...
  • PM set for House test on Indo-Pak statement July 29, 2009

    New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is expected to defend the Indo-Pak joint statement in Parliament on Wednesday. That joint statement signed in Sharm-al-Sheik earlier this month caused a huge controversy with even his own party reportedly not supporting him. In the face of an aggressive opposition at home...
  • We have no interest in Balochistan: India July 25, 2009

    New Delhi: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has said that Pakistan has given India no proof of its involvement in Balochistan. He said that Pakistan must produce evidence before making such allegations. "We are not involved in Balochistan, we have nothing to do with Pakistan's internal problems in Balochistan. In...
  • Watch: Exclusives details of Pak dossier July 18, 2009

    New Delhi: As US and India join hands against terrorism, Pakistan is showing the first signs of walking the talk. It has for the first time admitted that Lashkar-e-Toiba masterminded the Mumbai attacks and has chargesheeted five top Lashkar militants. CNN-IBN has exclusive details of Pakistan's investigation dossier given to...
  • It's official: Pak dossier pins down LeT men July 18, 2009

    New Delhi: The dossier that Pakistan handed over to India in Sharm-El Sheikh in Egypt on May 11 confirms what India has been insisting all along – top operatives of terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba were responsible for carrying out the November 26 Mumbai attacks. CNN-IBN is in possession of a copy of...
  • Manmohan, Gilani to meet in Egypt; will discuss terror July 14, 2009

    Paris: Pakistan has handed over a fresh dossier on its probe into the Mumbai terror attacks to India, ahead of the meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani on Thursday in Egypt. The dossier, handed over to the Indian High Commission officials in Islamabad on...
  • Watch: Pak claims LeT commander behind 26/11 July 12, 2009

    The trial of the accused is likely to begin next week. ...
  • No leeway, India gives Pak third dossier on 26/11 May 20, 2009

    New Delhi: India on Wednesday sent a clear message to Pakistan to bring the Mumbai attackers to justice by handing over more information on the November 26-29, 2008 terrorist attack that claimed over 170 lives. The External Affairs Ministry handed over to a diplomat of the Pakistan High Commission additional information...
  • India acts, answers Pak questions on 26/11 March 14, 2009

    New Delhi: The Indian government is ready with answers to the 30 questions Pakistan had asked about the terrorist attacks in Mumbai last November. The Home Ministry has prepared a document which includes the DNA reports of Ajmal Kasab, the only terrorist caught alive, and the nine other gunmen killed in...
  • India responds to Pak's questionaire of 26/11 attacks March 8, 2009

    New Delhi: Weeks after Pakistan sent its famous 30 questions on the Mumbai attack, India is finally ready with a reply. The Mumbai Police have forwarded answers to the questionnaire to the Home Ministry. While some questions will be directly answered, some will need judicial go ahead. Source say the response...
  • Mumbai Police answer Pak's query on 26/11 March 7, 2009

    Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Saturday submitted answers to Pakistan's 30 questions on the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack dossier to the Centre. All the answers are also a part of the chargesheet that Mumbai Police submitted to the Centre immediately after it was filed on February 25. The chargesheet includes Ajmal Amir...
  • Kasab charged with war against the country February 25, 2009

    New Delhi: The Mumbai Police on Wednesday filed a 11,280-page chargesheet in the 26/11 terror attacks case before metropolitan magistrate MJ Mirza. Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam along with officers from the Mumbai crime branch were present in the court room. Nikam said that he did not have the details of...
  • India likely to respond to 26/11 dossier today February 24, 2009

    New Delhi: India is expected to respond to Pakistani action on the Mumbai terror dossier on Tuesday. Speaking to media persons after a high-level meeting, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, "So far the composite dialogue is concerned, it is paused, and we expect Pakistan to do more in respect of...
  • Voice recordings of terror 'handlers' sought by Pak February 24, 2009

    Islamabad: Pakistan has sought from India voice recordings of the persons identified as 'handlers' by Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested for the Mumbai attacks, and other technical information to carry forward its probe into the incident. The request for the voice recordings of Abu...
  • Act 'sensibly', give Kasab: Pakistan tells India February 18, 2009

    Islamabad: Pakistan on Wednesday identified Ajmal Amir Kasab as the “prime suspect” for the Mumbai terrorist attacks and formally requested India to hand him to facilitate "successful" prosecution of other accused arrested in this country”. Kasab is the sole surviving gunman of the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai on November 26...
  • Mumbai terror: Pak arrests Lakhvi, others accused February 16, 2009

    New Delhi: Pakistan has taken another step that will go down extremely well with New Delhi. On Sunday Pakistani investigators arrested the six people charged on Thursday for the Mumbai attacks. But what could really be called the haul of the day was the act of formally arresting a Lashkar-e-Toeba...
  • Banned group LeT leader Gaznavi upset with Pak stand February 13, 2009

    New Delhi: While India and other nations may have welcomed Pakistan's acceptance that ‘a part of the conspiracy’ of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks was hatched in the country, there are certain sections that are unhappy with Pakistan’s stand. The banned terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Toeba’s leaders have accused Islamabad of having ‘bowed...