Munich: Former Force India driver Adrian Sutil was convicted of causing grievous bodily harm to a Formula One team owner in a night club confrontation in China and given an 18-month suspended sentence on Tuesday.
The Munich district court passed the verdict and the sentence after a two-day trial. The prosecutors had asked for a 21-month suspended sentence. Sutil was also fined $262,200, to be paid to charities.
"The defendant knew that he had this glass in his hand. The glass was moving in an intended direction," judge Christiane Thiemann said in her ruling.
Sutil was charged with causing grievous bodily harm to Renault team executive Eric Lux at a party following Lewis Hamilton's victory at the China Grand Prix in Shanghai on April 17. Lux needed two dozen stitches after being cut in the neck by a broken glass....more
06:37 PM, Jan 31, 2012
Munich: Former Force India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil told a Munich court on Monday he had made efforts to settle a row over a night club brawl last year with Eric Lux but he had failed to do so despite his repeated apologies. The German, who has yet to find a race seat this year, is charged with attacking and injuring Lux, chief executive of Renault F1 team owners...
11:57 AM, Jan 31, 2012